Monday, May 29, 2006

Good People

On this Memorial Day weekend, I thought that I'd spread a little positive energy on this site and thank my readers. You know, when I started this blog, I expected that I would engage with a diverse array of people on issues that relate to Asian American poetry, that it would be an informative, educational, and fun experience for myself and for anyone who happened to come across this blog. It has surely been such an experience, and I thank the people who have read and commented on this blog.

But keeping this blog has also been a nice experience in another way -- one that I had not anticipated. I have come across many good people, some of whom are Asian American poets, some of whom are either Asian American or poets, some of whom are neither. And I have to say that, at least from this blogging experience, I think that pretty much all Asian American poets are basically good, decent people, and I have been lucky to have gotten to know their thoughts and their humanity through this blog. So you, dear reader, I thank you for coming along with me on this journey through Asian American poetry. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Thao Worra said...

Well, thanks Roger, for actually having the nerve to establish a living breathing means for those of us with a passion for Asian American poetics to rally around.

This blog is a grand thing, and I hate to think that someday it might not be.

Keep writing, keep up the good fight.

B.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home