Wednesday, December 29, 2004

A Little More About Me and Asian-American Poetry

Some people like to collect open-toed sandals. Others like to throw boomerangs at wasps' nests. I happen to like to read Asian-American poetry (using the most expansive definition possible here.) I've read A LOT of it, more than anyone I know personally. In fact, I doubt that there are that many people in the world out there who have read more than I have, but if you think that you have, by all means, let's talk! I'm starved for conversation about Asian-American poetry. I started a whole blog about it, for goodness sake! (And as we all know, starting a blog is clearly a cry for help.) Like I keep trying to convince my bedroom mirror, I have a life, you know.

One reason that I've read so much Asian-American poetry is that I wrote my senior undergrad thesis on the politics of contemporary Chinese-American poetry. (More about this on another day.) Also, I co-taught a pass/fail class on Asian-American poetry, probably the first ever at my undergrad institution (Duke University). I read every single book of Asian-American poetry at my undergrad, and then, needing more succor, traitorously snuck down Tobacco Road to our dreaded rival (UNC) to read all of their books of such poetry as well.

In short, Asian-American poetry is an obsession of mine. I don't smoke or drink, so I guess I'm compensating here. I'm in law school now, which I may or may not talk about since it seems unrelated to the focus of the blog at the moment, but pursuing an MFA or PhD in creative writing is not out of my radar as far as future goals go. But I'm pretty clueless about my future these days. Just enjoying life as it is.

8 Comments:

Blogger 122272 said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a penis enlargement reviews related site. Most of the articles are on penis enlargement reviews.

6:58 PM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement product TO FIND penis enlargement product

5:28 PM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement TO FIND penis enlargement

6:50 AM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement TO FIND penis enlargement

6:53 AM  
Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

12:28 AM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GOOD, IT IS REALLY NICE. HERE YOU CAN LEARM MORE ABOUT penis enlargement TO FIND penis enlargement

6:32 AM  
Blogger sexual-problems said...

Premature ejaculation is one of the most common sexual dysfunctions in men under a certain age.There are multiple methods of treatment when
it comes to premature ejaculation, some of them in the form of medicines, some in the form of specialized techniques, and some in the form of herbal supplements.


The Easy way to prevent premature ejaculation.Anti Premature Ejaculation.Stop Premature Ejaculation

6:19 PM  
Blogger sexual-problems said...

Yes it is possible to maximize your penis size, hardness and stamina with herbs. Our formula has been used by
over 1,000,000 people around the world,with a 95% success rate.

Be the man that women desire, with a larger thicker penis. The Naturamax improves penile blood flow,
which not only enhances your erection size, but also the size of your penis when soft. Continued use can lead to permanent gains, which are noticeable even once you
stop.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home