Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Stick

Well, Barbara Jane has called me out (http://bjanepr.blog-city.com/), and I've got about ten minutes of spare time now to play the game. I'm gonna try to provide quick spicy, critical, tongue-in-cheek answers, which probably means my modest little response will be duller than green bell peppers, but anyway:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?: I won't be stuck, that ain't my style. If a special league of firemen tries to mess with me, I'd bust out the paper cuts like you wouldn't believe.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?: No, I save all my loving for real people.

The last book you bought is: a book for law school. They all blur together.

The last book you read: a book for law school. They all blur together.

What are you currently reading?: a book for law...okay, I'll indulge my beloved readers here: Langdell Lyrics of 1938, edited by W. Barton Leach; Lyrics of the Law, edited by J. Greenbag Croke; The Lawyer's Alcove: Poems by the Lawyer, for the Lawyer, and about the Lawyer, edited by Ina Russelle Warren. I'm actually serious here. I'm having my cake and eating it too. I've also got Doubled Flowering by Araki Yasusada somewhere among the library books, and I still need to get to Eileen Tabios' Reproductions of the Empty Flagpole.

Five books you would take to a deserted island: Like Adrienne Rich, I don't believe in limiting myself to a certain hierarchy of literature, as the question implies that one can do. If I did believe that I could make such a hierarchy for myself, I'd take five copies of Barbara Jane's Gravities of Center, of course.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?: George W. Bush, John F. Kerry, and Bill Frist. Because I think it would explain a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home